2020Tu-Mile Big Buck Contest
Time & Location
About the Event
Youth Division's: All Youth Winners will receive a Ruger American .243 with a 9x40 Vortex Scope
Archery Division, High Fence Division, Low Fence Division: Winner of each division will receive $1000
County Division: Winners of each county division will receive $500
*All registered participants are entered in the grand prize drawing for a 2020 Honda Four Trax Foreman 4x4*
Membership & Registration
- You must harvest your animal in Walker, Madison, Grimes, Trinity or Houston County
- In store/Mail in Registration is $25 per hunter- Online Registration is $26
- All Participants must register for the Tu-Mile Big Buck Contest BEFORE harvesting their animal in order to be eligible for the contest. ABSOLUTLEY NO EXCEPTIONS.
- A hunter is considered registered for the Tu-Mile Big Buck contest at the exact time that payment is received online, in person or when mail in registration is received.
- All registered hunters are elegible to win only ONE category per animal harvested. Additional animals are eligible to qualify the hunter in other categories. A hunter can enter as many animals as they want, but they must pay a registration fee for each animal entered.
- All registered Hunters must comply with the Rules and regulations set forth by the Texas Parks & Wildlife Department.
- All Hunters must have a valud Texas Hunting Licence.
- Scoring will be done at Walker County Ace Hardware, 1006 11th Street, Huntsville. Monday 8AM-12 Noon Tuesday- Friday 8AM-5PM Saturday 8AM-4PM PLEASE CALL AHEAD TO LET THEM KNOW YOU ARE COMING.... 936-295-7751
- In the event that a registered hunter is unable to bring their animal to the Tu-Mile/Walker County Hardware headquarters to be scored, a scoresheet from a certified TBGA scorer will be accepted. PLEASE SEND IN YOUR PAPERWORK IN A TIMELY MANNER. SCORESHEETS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE CONTEST HAS ENDED ON FEBRUARY 15TH, 2021.
- In the event that a faxed or emailed scoresheet is questionable, Tu-Mile Sportsmen's Association reserves the right to request that the hunter's deer be brought to the Scoring Headquarters to be re-scored by one of our own scorers.
- In the event that a harvested animal is in question, Landowners or Biologists may be asked to sign and provide verification that the deer entered in the contest is a native whitetial deer, and was not at any time in volved in a breeding program, or subsequently released.
- All scoresheets and photographs of registered entries become property of the Tu-Mile Sportsmen's Association Big Buck Contest and may be used for future promotions and/or advertisements.
- At the end of the contest, hunters will be declared winners once all scoresheets and categories have been reviewed and finalized. An announcement will be made via website/social media that the contest has been finalized and which hunters are declared winners.
- Tu-Mile Sportsmen's Association reserves the right to substitue prizes of equal or greater value.
- All shipping cost will be paid by the winner in the event that they cannot attend the Tu-Mile Big Buck contest award ceremony. We strongly encourage all winners to attend the award ceremony or have someone there to accept on their behalf.
- Winners have 180 days from the date of the award ceremony to pick up their prizes.
- At the discretion of the contest officials, any participant may be required to take a polygraphy test if a possible rule violation is suspected.
- Points must be a minimum of one inch (1") in length.
- The Spread is determined by measuring the inside width of the main beams
- Trapped, penned, brood, or tagged bucks are not elegible for High Fence, Low Fence, Archery, Best 8 Point or Youth Divisions. A Buck with a tattoo or an ear piercing from a tag are not elegible.
- Skull Mounts will not be accepted
- In the event of a tie, Tu-Mile Sportsmen's Association will provide prizes for each entry.
1. Youth Division is for youth 15 and younger as of October 15th, 2020. ALL Youth participants will automatically be entered in a special youth prize drawing. A male and female winner will be declared in each youth award category. Buck must be taken under low fence.
- Youth Big Buck- Largest gross scoring buck submitted by a youth
- Youth First Buck- Largest gross scoring buck that is the youths first buck harvested.
2. Archery Division is open to any age hunter that harvests an animal with a compound bow or a re-curve bow. Any animal harvested with a crossbow will be placed in the rifle division. Buck must be taken on low fence property.
- Archery- Largest Buck- The highest gross scoring buck taken with a bow
3. High Fence Division is open to any hunter harvesting a deer by rifle or bow on property surrounded by high fence. The Buck is not elegible if it was trapped, penned, a brood sire or has a tattoo or ear piercing from a breeder tag. The Buck must have been born and matured on the property it is harvested from.
- High Fence- Largest Buck- The highest gross scoring buck taken under high fence
4.Low Fence Division is open to any hunter harvesting a feer by rifle on any property that is not surrounded by a high fence.
- Low Fence Largest Buck- the highest gross scoring buck taken under low fence
- Best 8-Point Buck- the highest gross scoring 8 point buck taken under low fence
- Best 10-Point Buck- the highest gross scoring 10 point buck taken under low fence.
5. County Division is open to all hunters that hunt in Walker, Grimes, Madison, Trinity or Houson County. Winner will be the hunter that harvests the highest gross scoring buck in each county. These winners may also win another division with the same buck.
- All Registered hunters will receive a Tu-Mile Big Buck Contest Hat at time of registration.
- All division Winners:
- Will receive a Tu-Mile Big Buck Contest Jacket
- Will Receive division prizes as listed in registration information/packet
EVERY HUNTER THAT REGISTERS FOR THE CONTEST WILL BE ENTERED IN THE GRAND PRIZE DRAWING FOR A 2020 HONDA FOURTRAX FOREMAN
- 2020 Big Buck Contest$26$260$0